Lab Technician Molecular Biology
We are looking for a Lab Technician in order to reinforce our Molecular Diagnostics team.
Midiagnostics is developing technology that can miniaturize all the sample processing capabilities performed in clinical laboratories and turn it into a disposable, point-of-care form without compromising on performance.
As our Lab Technician you will be part of this revolutionary and unique approach.
You will generate the necessary data and knowledge to make the transition from test prototypes to market ready products.
This entails the following tasks:
- Plan and perform a broad array of biochemical and scientific experiments
- Test and evaluate prototypes of point-of-care diagnostic devices and develop in-house expertise
- Analyze and interpret experimental data and present this to a wider team
- Use previous learnings to improve next prototype design and experiment iterations
- Prepare and write technical reports and other relevant documentation (e.g. SOP’s)
- Follow policies and industrial guidelines for medical devices (ISO 13485, GLP,..)
- As miDiagnostics is continually developing novel technologies, a flexible spirit and eagerness to learn and integrate new information and methods is critical.
- You have a Bachelor of Science or equivalent by experience in a life science related field: (micro)biology, (bio)chemistry, (bio)chemistry engineering technology
- You have gained extensive expertise in PCR/qPCR-based protocols
- Must have 5 years or more experience working in a clinical lab or biosafety level 2 lab
- Experience in a highly regulated industry, such as pharmaceuticals, clinical laboratories or medical devices (ISO 13485) is a plus
- Experience of DOE is a plus
- You are hands-on and a resourceful problem solver
- Attention to detail, works in a structured and methodological way is a must
- You are a real team player, a reliable and communicative colleague
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment and you can easily switch from one task to another
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary and international colleagues
- You are fluent in English
- It is essential that you hold entitlement to work and live in Belgium