We are looking for an Algorithm Developer with strong background in image processing & computer vision techniques for (biomedical) imaging based applications in the domain of point of care healthcare devices. As our Algorithm Developer you will be responsible for the understanding of key algorithmic blocks in current data analysis pipeline, development of new algorithms and optimizing existing algorithms.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of electronics electrical engineers, optical engineers, bio-physicists, fluidic designers and other imaging specialists.
- Understanding of key algorithmic blocks in the overall data analysis pipeline
- Develop and optimize key algorithmic blocks related to image classification
- Contribute to optimizing the prototype image processing and computer vision algorithms onto various platforms (Laptop/mobile/cloud)
- Interface with various external partners for algorithmic API interfaces for GUI and other software elements
- Interface with experimental team to drive the needs for data collection for training and testing machine vision algorithms
- Contribute to roadmap of algorithmic development and improvements
Profile and competences
- You have a PhD in computer vision and image processing or Master’s degree with relevant experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience in developing computer vision algorithms in an industrial context
- You have knowledge of image processing & computer vision algorithms and techniques
- You have knowledge of machine learning algorithm techniques (deep learning, convolution neural networks...)
- You are familiar with standard imaging processing libraries (e.g. Open CV)
- You are familiar with optimizing image processing and computer vision algorithms for GPU platforms (CUDA)
- You are familiar with standard code development languages (Python, Matlab, C/C++...) and are capable of learning a new programming language rapidly
- Experience with defining APIs and developing software architectures is a plus
- Experience with cloud processing, big data or web technologies is a plus
- Experience with point of care medical devices is a plus
- Experience/knowledge about regulations for biomedical software is a plus
- You have a keen interest in biology and medicine
- You are structured, precise and care about details. You attach importance to software robustness, appearance and user friendliness. You are very customer-oriented. You are a motivated team player.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills. Knowledge of Dutch or French is an asset