As our Electro-Mechanical Engineer you will be working in the hardware engineering team responsible for the development of the miDiagnostics point of care diagnostic reader and disposable card.
You will have experience leading technical projects and you will understand how to navigate the technical complexities to design and develop point of care and lab-based systems and guide multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the product meets the requirements.
- Designing, developing, and enhancing electro-mechanical systems and optical sub-systems.
- Working closely with miDiagnostics partners and suppliers to develop and verify the reader at part and subsystem level.
- Conducting research, documenting findings, and presenting reports at meetings.
- Developing design documents for optical and/or mechanical parts and final products.
- Identifying areas of weakness in the planned products and making recommendations for improvement.
- Selecting the required tools and materials for the manufacturing process.
- Assisting with recruitment, onboarding, and training of junior Engineers/Technicians
- Attending workshops, training sessions, and conferences to network with others and stay on top of field advancements.
- Creating automated systems and the software to control them.
- Master’s degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Applied Science or Bioengineering (with strong background in mechanical design and manufacturing) required with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Creative and technical in many of the following areas: concept generation; engineering and statistical analysis; detail design; design of experiments; design for high and low volume manufacturing.
- Technical awareness gained in one of the following environments: engineering department of a medical or pharmaceutical company; technical or design consultancy; technology start-up.
- Current hands-on expertise in areas such as: concept generation; engineering analysis and detail design; 3D CAD; optical sensors, prototyping and lab testing; design for high and low volume manufacture; design for high reliability; transfer to manufacture; manufacturing process development; world class manufacturing principles
- Confident when presenting ideas and results to peers, management or suppliers
- Familiar with working to ISO standards for design control; compilation of Design History File; verification and validation
- Experience with product development and manufacturing realisation activities such as DFMA, pFMEA and QC plan, process validation
- An excellent knowledge of English is a must (spoken and written); Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment and you can easily switch from one task to another
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary and international colleagues
- It is essential that you hold entitlement to work and live in Belgium