Lab Technician Prototype Testing
We are looking for a Lab Technician in order to reinforce our Complete Blood Count (CBC) team, working on the detection and classification of blood cells. A CBC test is the most frequently ordered test in the world and measures many different parts and components of the blood, including red blood cells (RBC), white blood cells (WBC), platelets (PLT), hemoglobin and hematocrit . A CBC test result, including information garnered on related (sub)cellular blood components, has broad applicability and is used to differentiate between viral and bacterial infections, diagnose hematological and other conditions and help monitor the wellbeing of cancer patients.
Midiagnostics is developing technology that can miniaturize all the sample processing capabilities performed in clinical laboratories and turn it into a disposable, point-of-care form without compromising on performance.
As our Lab Technician you will be part of this revolutionary and unique approach.
You will generate the necessary data and knowledge to make the transition from test prototypes to market ready products.
This entails the following tasks:
- Plan and perform scientific experiments on microfluidic disposable devices (using whole blood and other liquids in conjunction with microscopy, video analysis…)
- Test and evaluate prototypes of point-of-care diagnostic devices and develop in-house expertise in their function and failure modes
- Analyze and interpret experimental data and present this to a wider team
- Use previous learnings to improve next prototype design and experiment iterations
- Prepare and write technical reports and other relevant documentation (e.g. SOP’s)
- Follow policies and industrial guidelines for medical devices (ISO 13485, GLP,..)
- You have a BSc or equivalent by experience in a science related field: (bio)chemistry, physics, (bio)chemistry engineering technology or other equivalent discipline
- Ideally you have at least three years of experience working in a lab
- Experience in a highly regulated industry, such as pharmaceuticals, clinical laboratories or medical devices (ISO 13485) is a plus
- Experience of DOE is a plus
- You are hands-on and a resourceful problem solver
- Attention to detail, works in a structured and methodological way is a must
- You are curious and inquisitive by nature
- You are a real team player, a reliable and communicative colleague
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment and you can easily switch from one task to another
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary and international colleagues
- You are fluent in English. A good knowledge of Dutch is an asset.