Project Manager Medical Devices
miDiagnostics is using silicon chip technology that will bring miniaturized, lab-quality tests with built-in device connectivity and rapid results direct to the patient and clinician. Combining a nano-fluidic processor on a chip and a compact reader, miDiagnostics can measure virtually any biomarker from an easily accessed sample such as a single drop of blood. The Company is developing an extensive portfolio of tests for screening, diagnosis and monitoring of a wide range of health conditions, including infectious diseases. Spun out of the world-leading R&D and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies, imec, and a research collaboration with Johns Hopkins University, the leading US research and medical centre, miDiagnostics’ goal is to enable fast, comprehensive and cost-effective health analysis, regardless of location. Based in Leuven, Belgium, miDiagnostics is a privately-held company created in 2015.
As our Project Manager Medical Devices you will be reporting to the Program Manager and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific projects while ensuring consistency with the company strategy, commitments, and goals.
Your responsibilities will be a.o. :
- Develop project scopes and objectives involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Determine the resources required to complete the project.
- Develop detailed project plans and schedules to track progress.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Coordinate internal resources and suppliers for the flawless execution of projects.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and cost.
- Provide timely and efficient reports on projects and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Masters’ degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline preferably in biomedical engineering, materials science or microelectronics.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience in medical diagnostics or pharmaceutical areas required.
- Experience with managing global suppliers relationships is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Excellent communicator, shares knowledge and technical information with comfort and clarity.
- Stakeholder-driven and customer focused, encourages a highly collaborative team environment and actively engages with all major stakeholders.
- Results oriented, drives projects to closure and manages simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and stress resistant with very good planning and organization skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment and you can easily switch from one task to another.
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary and international colleagues.