We are looking for a senior Software Developer/Engineer with strong background in developing products and services for imaging-based applications. You will be responsible for the implementation, testing and documentation of our key imaging-based algorithms. Your main assignment will be to productize and extend the prototype research algorithms that can eventually run on various platforms like laptop, mobile devices and in the cloud. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of engineers (electronics, electrical, optics, bio), bio-physicists, fluidic designers, interface developers and other imaging specialists.
- Implementation, testing and documentation of imaging-based algorithms
- (Co-)Defining the architecture for the software
- (Co-)Defining the technology stack
- Optimize the prototype image processing & computer vision algorithms onto various platforms (laptop/mobile/cloud)
- Interface with various external partners for algorithmic API interfaces for GUI & other software elements
- Contribute to the roadmap of software developments
- Interact with research teams and product development teams
- Create and maintain key software specifications
- Create and maintain key documentation relevant for regulatory approval
Profile and competences
- You have a Professional Master’s degree in Informatics or equivalent through experience
- You have at least 5 years of software product development experience, preferentially in a diagnostic or medical domain
- You have knowledge of or exposure to standard image processing & computer vision algorithms and techniques, preferably in an industrialized context.
- You are familiar with optimizing image processing & computer vision algorithms for CPU or GPU platforms.
- You are familiar with standard product development languages such as (modern) C++, and can learn a new programming language rapidly
- You are familiar with defining APIs and developing software architectures
- Experience with Python & MATLAB is a plus
- Experience with standard imaging processing libraries (e.g. OpenCV) is a plus
- Experience with cloud processing, big data or web technologies is a plus
- Experience/knowledge about regulations for biomedical software is a plus (GDPR, HIPAA)
- Experience with point-of-care medical devices is a plus
- You are structured, precise and care about details. You attach importance to software robustness, appearance and user friendliness. You recognize a code smell when you see one. You are very customer-oriented. You are a self-motivated team player.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills. Knowledge of Dutch or French is an asset